SIMPLE RAW HEALTH

As a raw food vegan, health educator,

wannabe photographer, and writer, this is my online outlet.

Please join my family as we share with you our simple, yet healthy lifestyle!

This is where I will educate you about SIMPLE RAW HEALTH.

You really can nourish your body with God-given, natural foods -- don't just survive, but thrive!

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Lunch: Fresh is Best





What's for lunch at your house? 
Summertime brings with it so many fresh and scrumptious options. 
Here is what the mid-day meal looks like around here.



Sub-style veggie sandwiches on 
homemade whole wheat Walla-Walla sweet onion bread. 
Filled with organic, garden-fresh veggies...
zucchini, beet greens, tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers,
wholesome pickles & lettuce
Yes, even some green beans. 
What a crunch!



Raw foodist can even partake in this garden fare, 
just use a large leaf of sturdy lettuce for the "bread". 

I sprinkled on some hemp seeds for added protein.
And we love mustard. 
Either we make it ourselves 
or use an organic variety from the store.

Yummy in my tummy!




For dessert, what could be better 
than the in-season fruit just waiting to be eaten? 

Splendid summertime strawberries! 
Sooo goood as the kiddo says.



* For some other nutrient-dense lunch ideas, look here and here. And here.

* I think I skipped breakfast in our summertime line-up. That one will come soon.

* We use organic produce from our garden & our local CSA.


Remember, 

fresh is best 
&
right of the vine is simply divine!


5 comments:

Veg-a-Nut said...

Sure looks good. Can you share your bread recipe? I am always on teh look out for a whole grain bread to try. Me for lunch? Right now I am having homemade hummus, raw carrots, raw cucumber, steamed broccoli and zucchini along with 2 mini corn muffins with jalapenos from the garden and frozen sweet corn. Of course the veggies are topped with nutritional yeast.:o)

Ginger said...

So glad I found your blog. A Christian perspective in the raw food arena is refreshing. I can't wait to read more of your insights. Keep teaching us!!

Ginger said...

So glad I found your blog. Your Christian perspective in the raw food arena is absolutely refreshing. I can't wait to read more of your insights. Please continue to teach us!!

Joelle said...

I am curious about the Walla Walla Onion Bread. I don't see a recipe for that.

SIMPLE RAW FOOD MAMMA said...

*Veg-A-Nut,
Yes, ma'am. I posted the recipe above.

* Ginger,
Thank you! It is frustrating as a raw foodist at times because so much information (and recipes) come from sources that collide with Christianity.

* Joelle,
I used the whole wheat bread recipe posted above this post--and I just added in my own stuff--onions & fresh herbs for example.