SIMPLE RAW HEALTH

As a raw food vegan, health educator,

wannabe photographer, and writer, this is my online outlet.

Please join my family as we share with you our simple, yet healthy lifestyle!

This is where I will educate you about SIMPLE RAW HEALTH.

You really can nourish your body with God-given, natural foods -- don't just survive, but thrive!

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Outta the Garden






Lunch.

When gardens are fully loaded with God's bounty, what could be better than picking it right of the vine and setting it right onto the table? Not much!





Veggie Salad

1. put into a bowl:
red pepper-chopped
tomatoes-cut into small pieces

2. put into a steamer for about 30 seconds:
green beans-snapped
bok choy-chopped (green leafy parts too)

3. toss all in one bowl with some olive oil, a dash of Bragg's Liquid Aminos, and fresh pepper


Here is my little fella, showing you his food-messy face and a bite of salad!













~ Did you know? Green bell peppers are actually UNripe peppers. We avoid the green ones in the store and wait for them to turn a brilliant color in the garden.

~ Try something new this autumn...make spaghetti sauce from scratch--wonderful smells will fill your home for about 6 hours while the tomatoes cook down.

My recipe: 15 tomatoes, cored. Blend about half. Chop the other half. Do this while 3 big onions are sautéing in a olive oil. Add tomatoes to onions. Turn heat to low. In about three hours add some herbs (if fresh, use more).

Simmer for about 6 hours. Stir often. When it's done, pour into shallow roasting pans to cool. Put into freezable containers. Place in fridge overnight. Put in freezer in the morning.

Viola! Pizza sauce. Spaghetti sauce. Soup base. Add additional herbs to suit the wintertime meal on the menu.

* If you have noticed a lack of input here on the blog it is because we are knee-deep in food preservation, homeschooling, tending to the ranchola, and praying for this nation. I do believe that it is important to share recipes and facts and ideas and encouragements, but I do think it is more important to tend to those other listed items. If there are any readers left, try something new and fun with God's bountiful harvest!





3 comments:

Ginger said...

I'm still with you. Your lunch salad picture is gorgeous. I homeschooled my 3 girls through high school and have such wonderful memories. Making new memories with my 5 grandchildren. I admire your priorities. God bless your family.

Ginger said...

Just wanted to let you know I'm still out here and enjoy your blog. Your priorities are right - bless you. Your lunch salad picture is gorgeous, and I still plan to try your zucchini chips. My homeschooling days are over and I'm enjoying my 5 precious grandchildren, some of whom like my green smoothies!

Ginger said...

I'm still out here and glad you have your priorities right, but I do enjoy your blogs. Your salad lunch looks delicious, and I still want to try your zucchini chips!