SIMPLE RAW HEALTH

As a raw food vegan, health educator,

wannabe photographer, and writer, this is my online outlet.

Please join my family as we share with you our simple, yet healthy lifestyle!

This is where I will educate you about SIMPLE RAW HEALTH.

You really can nourish your body with God-given, natural foods -- don't just survive, but thrive!

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Upcoming Event

I am preparing for an open house at a pilates studio this Saturday where I will be discussing healthy eating, with a focus on the raw food diet and green smoothies. So, instead of writing new stuff for the blog today, I am including part of the notes from my hand-outs...

Enjoy! Stay tuned for some more notes in upcoming postings. 

What is a raw/living food?

Ø    Raw/living foods are any fruits, greens, vegetables, nuts, or seeds that have not been heated/cooked at temps exceeding 117 degrees—the enzymes are still alive, available, and ready for work!

Ø    Basically, a fresh food right “off the vine” is the most divine!

What is a raw/living food diet?

Ø    Eating a wide selection of raw/living foods in their natural state such as fresh fruits, vegetables, nuts and/or seeds.

Ø    Some say if you eat 75% or more of your food in the raw/living form, you are eating a raw food diet.

Ø    Of course others strive for 100% raw food consumption.

Ø    You make it what you want. Go for fancy or stick to simple. I prefer simple with a little fancy thrown in.

1 comment:

Elena said...

I enjoyed your live presentation very much. Thank your for standing up for what is right!!! I will certainly make some additions, such as green smoothies, to our diet.