SIMPLE RAW HEALTH

As a raw food vegan, health educator,

wannabe photographer, and writer, this is my online outlet.

Please join my family as we share with you our simple, yet healthy lifestyle!

This is where I will educate you about SIMPLE RAW HEALTH.

You really can nourish your body with God-given, natural foods -- don't just survive, but thrive!

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Catch-up--recipes & photos


Even though it has been many days since I updated this blog, I still have been snapping photos with the intent of posting. So, here is a little catch-up...


My son and I made a salad of sorts a while back. I did cook the blue potatoes, but the rest is raw. 


We snapped green beans, popped out some peas, chopped some tomatoes, cucumbers and zucchini. We tossed those fresh veggies with made a simple olive oil-lemon juice dressing and the cooked potatoes. Viola! 

Simple Raw Kiddo is the one who reminded me to take a photo. He said, "Mom, take a picture of my salad. The people will want to see it."

Do take the time to involve your kids in food preparation. They will not only learn basic kitchen skills, but they will learn to love food for its nourishment.



Well, I don't know about all these people he thinks are spending time at this blog... I do hope that someone is encouraged to improve their health by the ideas I share, facts I pass along, and photos I post.


Here are some homemade pizza photos too. I made a wheat-free crust, spread some homemade pizza sauce (olive oil, chopped tomatoes, italian seasoning--smash & simmer), topped it off with lots of fresh veggies and a little vegan mozzarella cheese. 

A healthy pizza that tastes as good as it looks. My boys ate it up! Yummyumm.


With autumn fully upon us we have been busy harvesting and preparing food for winter storage and ultimately winter consumption. My son helped me make some spiced plum butter and spiced apple butter. Mostly he helped with the clean-up--licking the spatulas and bowls.



Even boys can be in the kitchen. It does help if one wears camouflage pants under their mamma's red apron though!


Another use for ripe plums and apples... 

Cooked Vegan Dessert: 
Slow Baked Plums & Apples

Core 'em, chop 'em, smother 'em in honey, sprinkle in some pumpkin pie spice, top 'em off with oats & chopped almonds, cover and bake at low heat (250) for a couple of hours. Before serving, take off foil and bake at 425 for a few minutes. The house smelled marvelous and my guests said the dessert was delish too!

* I have made this with the crock pot too.


I have been making green smoothies all week with some lovely collard greens. 

-water
-collard greens
-pear
-blueberries
-blend until smooth!


Whew, until next time...
Please remember that health and vitality 
is as close as your next mouthful of food! 

Make it fresh.
Make it from scratch.
Make it simple.
Make it count.  ;-)



No comments: