SIMPLE RAW HEALTH

As a raw food vegan, health educator,

wannabe photographer, and writer, this is my online outlet.

Please join my family as we share with you our simple, yet healthy lifestyle!

This is where I will educate you about SIMPLE RAW HEALTH.

You really can nourish your body with God-given, natural foods -- don't just survive, but thrive!

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Vegan Pizza

Yesterday for lunch my son and I made 
vegan pizza. 
Before I go any further I must clarify "vegan" for those of you with scrunched up brows. 
Vegan is animal-free...no meat, no dairy, if it had a mamma or was squeezed out of something that once had a mamma...it ain't here!


We did use some vegan "cheese" & "meat" in these masterpieces (although I would say to keep even vegan processed foods to a minimum).
Mainly we loaded them with yummy pizza sauce, black beans, onions, olives (plain olives canned in water, no nasty chemical-laden olives please!), and even some cilantro. 


Viola! Taco pizza!


Have your kid(s) help you create in the kitchen. My son loves it. What you impart to your kids as good and healthy and fun, they will adopt as their own ideals too. Make them part of it. And give them the freedom to be creative. Yes, my son's pizza was soooo thick and it stuck like crazy to the pan, but he ate every scrapity scrap of it!


You may even see him with his own vegan or raw food show someday as he already talks to the people as he prepares a meal!  ;-)

I made a green smoothie for my lunch with mixed salad greens, mustard greens, cilantro, and frozen blueberries. Yum! If you aren't a fan of cilantro, add in some celery instead.

Happy Eating & Drinking!

1 comment:

Elena said...

This looks delicious. I will have to try new ingredients on my pizza for sure. I normally make it either plain or with pineapples.