Yesterday 4 health-filled coconuts came to our home. This morning, I took one of them and poked it's eye right out with the pointy end of a knife sharpener. I inserted a straw and let the kiddo drink. After he had his fill, I drained it's water. That most nutritious & delicious source of electrolytes was for me. What to do with a coconut missing an eye? Pop it into a plastic bag, tie it off and smash it to pieces by slamming it onto the sidewalk. Repeatedly.
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Nuts for Coconut
Yesterday 4 health-filled coconuts came to our home. This morning, I took one of them and poked it's eye right out with the pointy end of a knife sharpener. I inserted a straw and let the kiddo drink. After he had his fill, I drained it's water. That most nutritious & delicious source of electrolytes was for me. What to do with a coconut missing an eye? Pop it into a plastic bag, tie it off and smash it to pieces by slamming it onto the sidewalk. Repeatedly.
Now, that does not sound like a very nice thing to do to a poor lil coconut, does it?!
Oh there are more civilized and stylish ways to get to the "meat" of the coconut, but hey, this is Simple Raw Food Mamma and I am a farm girl...
After the rather un-fanciful treatment of one hairy little coconut, we had rawsome green smoothies for breakfast today!
- 1 1/2 cups water (preferably coconut water, if you didn't drink it all yet)
- cram blender up past the 3 cup mark with greens (garden-fresh spinach & collard)
- blend
- add about 1 cup of blueberries
- and 1/2 peeled orange
- and a chunk or two of coconut
- blend again
Viola! Yummers!
Recently...
We have made raw strawberry pie.
We have made a whole wheat crust filled with gooey, spiced plums.
We have made a farm fresh, very colorful & flavor-filled veggie salad.
Oh, the fun and the yum we had in our kitchen! Stay tuned for posts and recipes and pics on the above...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment