Tuesday, April 8, 2008
Keep It Simple
Simple. That word is even in the name of this here blog, but lately I have been getting off my "simple" track and boarding another train altogether. In light of these healthy eating postings I thought I should do some more research. And more looking on-line. By the time I clicked here and went there and then over yonder, my head was a spinning. I panicked and thought "oh, I need to include that...and that...and I better put that in too! And look at all that person does. Fancy food. Amazing photos. Ugghh!"
Before I knew it, I was totally overwhelmed. After some thought and prayer, I am back to my regular self. Sure, there are always going to be others who know more and do it better. I cannot keep up with them. I can barely keep up with myself.
All I need to do is what I set out to do a few weeks ago, keep it simple. Write about what I know in a way that others can learn and apply to their own eating habits.
My passion is good health and my mission is to help you find it. So, to keep with the same tone of simplicity in my blogging ideals, that is a good idea for eating too. Especially when making changes to habits and ideas that you have lived with for many years.
If you toss the wicked whites, replace them with wonderful whole grains (i.e. brown rice instead of white rice, whole wheat pasta instead of white pasta, whole wheat flour instead of white flour). That is simple.
If you toss the dreadful dairy items and replace them with plant-based alternatives (i.e. soy or almond or hemp milk instead of moo milk, almond cheese instead of cow cheese, soy yogurt instead of curdled & coagulated cow juice), that is simple.
If you buy some raw coconut oil/butter and use it instead of your bottled lotion for your all-over body slather, that is simple.
If you take one small step at a time, that is simple.
If on the other hand you want to take one giant leap with your nutrition, that can be simple too. You are in control. You make it what you want.
Okay, my raw food recipe for today is simple too!
Beet & Carrot Salad
- 1 beet (you already made the greens into a smoothie, right?!)
- 2 large juicing carrots or 5 regular carrots
- juice of 1/2 lemon or a splash of lemon juice
- 2 TBSP olive oil (cold-pressed, organic)
Wash and peel the root veggies and chop into usable hunks. Using your "S" blade, add the beet and carrots to the food processor and whiz 'em into tiny chunks. Dump into a bowl. Add the lemon juice and olive oil. Give it good mix. Eat it! Enjoy.
Variations: top it with some soaked sunflower seeds.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Funny, I do alot of the same thing. Freak out then bring myself to reality and remember to keep it simple! =) I sat down and read the entire Green for Life book in a few hours the other night!! Thanks for the recommendation.
Post a Comment