SIMPLE RAW HEALTH

As a raw food vegan, health educator,

wannabe photographer, and writer, this is my online outlet.

Please join my family as we share with you our simple, yet healthy lifestyle!

This is where I will educate you about SIMPLE RAW HEALTH.

You really can nourish your body with God-given, natural foods -- don't just survive, but thrive!

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

'Tater Fries


Look what we got when we picked up our farm share at our local CSA, Willow Grove Gardens Farm, last week! Yes, purple and red potatoes. Really.

Since we don't eat junk around here, grease-laden french fries are definitely NOT part of our dietary world. Before I became a rawfood vegan, I discovered this simple way to make homemade fries. And I still make these for my fellas. 


SIMPLE HOW-TO:
Take out your indoor grill (ours is a mock-off of the well-known boxer man's grill), plug it in, slice some spuds into fry-form, place them on the grill in a single layer, close the top and check in about 5 minutes for fork-tenderness. If you like, add a smidge of olive oil and sea salt. Or some powdered garlic. Or eat plain. Yum!

I had to share the beauty of the intense colors of the purple 'taters. Being a former Idahoan, I appreciate all spectacular specimens of spuds!


No comments: